Sonic Shits Sonic Shits

MATT DAMON

MAAAAAAAAAATT DAMON!!!!111!1

Awesome Cracks Down Awesome Cracks Down

Progressive

Your art improves with every short, but the jokes need to be a little more creative.

Brawl Funnies [Dick 1] Brawl Funnies [Dick 1]

Ridiculous

You know, there's funny satire, and then there's coat tail riding disguised as pointless bashing. Guess what this is?

How this ended up on the front page is beyond me and just another example of how backwards Newgrounds is.

CoolDrMoney responds:

Why hello Game buddy are you gay?

Street Fighter Collab Street Fighter Collab

A few unpolished gems

Sketchodie, your short turned out looking fantastic and I was happy to voice Sean for you, and I chuckled at the joke, it was just clever enough that a Street fighter newbie like me could still appreciate it. Props to Chio as Dan and whoever played Akuma. Chakra, I laughed out loud at your short, especially when Zangeif KO'd Sakura. Again your joke was genuinely funny and not an in-joke (aside from the KOF cameo) and you managed to implement a sex joke without it being ridiculous.

There were a few others I thought deserved praise. The short with Ego voicing Ken as he's whacked by the barrels, only to turn into his alternate costumes from the games was clever and had me laughing in an "Oh, haha, I get it" kind of way. The short with Ryu Hadoken-ing Ken's face off while he screams bloody murder was funny in a "that was random" kind of way, plus, the animation was unbelievably gorgeous.

Tthe presentation is fantastic and the menu is great, but the actual contents of the collab (i.e. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART) just falls short. With the exception of a very few (EgoRaptor, TheChio, and you can figure out the rest), all of the voice acting was embarrassingly bad. It's hard to completely ruin a short with bad voices, but doggone it if the majority of the authors didn't. Some of the entries were poor in the animation department and probably shouldn't have even been considered.

It's a turd with a few gems embedded in it, but it's still a turd.

And the lack of credits for the rest of the crew is also a big disappointment, although I personally won't lose any sleep over not having my name associated with this one.

There's some debate, but overall people find this review helpful

Sonic Shorts: Volume 5 Sonic Shorts: Volume 5

Good progress

Much better than our previous endeavors, although, some of the shorts you guys let through left me scratching my head. Oh, well, let's make sure the last volume is even better.

Onihime Onihime

Excellent entry

Frame by frame was amazing, as was the cinematography. My only critique is your grasp of anatomy, but that's nothing practice can't help.

stoners-lunchbox responds:

Yeah, unfortunately grasping Sonic's anatomy from EVERY angle is something that even after all these years i still have trouble with. To be honest i haven't drawn his head from the back-bottom side of it, which i should look into, which is really the only angle i truly have problems with (sonic's head in the final spinball charge sequence DID look kinda butchered, it took me 4 tries to get it done on one cel alone). I'll get it at some point, and when i do i'll make sure to produce something that's really awesome.

Pianist on the Way Pianist on the Way

Brilliant.

I don't care that you guys are a professional studio, that was fantastic.

Sonic Xtreme Sonic Xtreme

Excellent, but was brought down. . .

The animation has a fantastic pseudo-3D look, but several things really hurt the quality.
-The voice acting was pretty bad, in acting and in quality
-The blatant tracing of the Sonic CD opening that everyone does
Other than that, this was a great animation.

Red and Yuffie the movie Red and Yuffie the movie

Feedback. . .

I wasn't too impressed, and I'm a big fan of your other works. The art style was fine, as was the animation, but the voice acting (specifically the voice quality) was very lacking and it ruined a good deal of the jokes for me. You really need to make sure your voice actors aren't breathing into the mic so much, otherwise, it causes bad feedback that hurts people's ears. All in all, it wasn't what I expected from the great Roger, but it wasn't terrible.